SNGF - A Family's Increase  

Posted by Abba-Dad in , ,

As usual Randy Seaver comes up with great genea-challenges. This time we're finding descendants of one of our great-grandparents:

1) Pick one of your four great-grandparents - if possible, the one with the most descendants.

2) Create a descendants list for those great-grandparents either by hand or in your software program.

3) Tell us how many descendants, living or dead, are in each generation from those great-grandparents.

4) How many are still living? Of those, how many have you met and exchanged family information with? Are there any that you should make contact with ASAP? Please don't use last names of living people for this - respect their privacy.

5) Write about it in your own blog post, in comments to this post, or in comments or a Note on Facebook.
So I chose the only great-grandparents who have a big list of descendants, Moshe Zinberg (died about 1960) and Elka Benditovich (holy cow, I don't have any dates for her - adding to my to do list right now):
  1. Children - 6 (3 deceased, 3 living) - I met all but two.
  2. Grandchildren - 11 that I know of, there may have been more. I have met 8 of them.
  3. Great-grandchildren - 20 that I know of. I believe I have met 11 of them. Obviously I need to fill in some gaps because I don't even know the names of some of them. I have to call my grandma, she'll know.
  4. Great-great-grandchildren - I only know of 4 of which 2 are my own children. I am sure there are more out there, but I need to research that more.
Since this is a relatively young line, the total comes out to 41. Since almost all of the descendants that I have not met are still alive, I will not list them here. I have a lot of work to do on the Zinberg line. So much work, so little time...

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

That was fun, wasn't it? It really made me think. Your family is about the size of mine, or closer. I read one with descendants in the 250 range.

October 18, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Post a Comment