"The Hebrew Mamita" Vanessa Hidary (Def Poetry)  

Posted by Abba-Dad in , ,

Part of the reason I started this genealogy quest into understanding and learning about my family history was to try to reconnect with my ancestors who I know nothing about. I know many of them lived through terrible pogroms and hardship and most of them were eventually murdered by their neighbors or the Nazis just because they were Jewish.

Some of my new relatives, who I discovered during my research, send me interesting e-mails from time to time. I found this one to be especially interesting and on point in light of the global resurgence of antisemitism, soft-core holocaust denial as well as full blown denial (to read more on these topics you should definitely go read Deborah Lipstadt's blog).

Well said Vanessa!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 2:32 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment